Cleaning Tips with our Dry Cleaning "Geeks"!
Yes – we call them our Dry Cleaning “Geeks” because they know all about garment fabrics, stains and their reactions – and they can’t get enough of it! They study new and unique ways to clean your garments and absolutely LOVE learning more about it. In this segment, we asked Duane, our Certified Dry Cleaning Specialist,
“How do you remove mud stains from “dry clean only” clothes?”
Duane: Great Question! “Dry Clean Only” fabrics ARE sensitive to water, and can get ruined if water is used to get stains off them. Mud can be a stubborn stain to remove. Follow the steps below for mud or dirt stains to keep them from setting in. Be sure to bring them in to us as soon as possible! Our award-winning stain removers love “dirty” jobs!
1. Allow mud/dirt to dry completely. Do NOT attempt to wipe away wet mud/dirt. It will spread and grind into the fabric fibers
2. Do NOT add water to the stain or use a wet cloth to try and wipe it off. This will only set the stain further into the fabric
3. When mud’s dry, gently use a plastic knife or spoon to scrape off excess, being careful not to grind the dirt into fabric
4. Gently brush at the dried dirt with small brush or toothbrush
5. Bring into your dry cleaner asap!