Costume Care 101: Properly Clean & Preserve
Halloween Costumes and Costumes in general, can certainly end up being a really big expense which is why it’s so important have them properly cleaned and cared for! No matter if its a Halloween costume for yourself or your child, chances are you want to keep it in great shape so you can wear it more than once! We understand the importance of cleaning and preserving to get the most out of your investment. That’s why we want to share with you…
Top tips in order to keep your costume protected for future use:
- Before storing a costume, or any garment for that matter, always clean it first. Dirty garments tend to attract insects and bugs.
- Be sure to check the care label and follow its instructions.
- One of the best methods to ensure your purchased Halloween costumes are cleaned and properly taken care of is to utilize a professional dry-cleaning service. Having your Halloween costume dry-cleaned by professionals helps to preserve the fabric and material.
- Visit one of our locations if you have questions about the instructions. We’re happy to take a look and let you know if it can safely clean it at home or if it requires professional cleaning.
- Once it’s clean, store it in a clean, cool, dry, and dark location.
Check out some of these cool costumes we’ve cleaned in the past! Can you pick out where they might be from!?
Our Nationally Renowned Cleaning Specialists have some pretty unique things in their workshop this time of year. As the premier cleaners for Costume Rentals, Inc, The Guthrie Theater, The Children’s Theater, the Minnesota Opera and dozens of other theaters throughout the Twin Cities metro area, we have worked with some pretty elaborate costumes over the years. Many times, the costumes must be hand-cleaned due to the amount of beads, unique fabric, feathers & fur that might be part of these exquisite costumes.
The Specialty Cleaning team also has the opportunity to clean many mascots – many of which you’ve probably heard of! Almost all of the mascot costumes are hand-cleaned and can sometimes take hours to completely clean.
How creative is your costume this year?
Bring it in to St Croix Cleaners for its after holiday cleaning and let us be the judge!