Go For a Dip! Swimwear Tips!
We don’t know if you noticed, but it’s been a bit WARM lately! From swimming to skiing, here at St Croix | White Way we know that nothing beats the heat like some quality water time. That’s why we have a few tips for keeping your swimwear in tip top shape, in between us cleaning it for you, of course!
- Wet down your bathing suit with tap water before taking a dip in the pool. Remember: Two things can’t occupy the same space at the same time, so a ‘pre-wet’ bathing suit won’t absorb as much chlorine from the pool water as a dry suit will.
- Remove and rinse your suit in tap water BEFORE you lay down to sun bath. The UV rays from the sun will accelerate the deleterious effects of the chlorine in your suit. Or better yet, rinse your suit well and put on a fresh, dry suit for sun bathing.
- Bathing suits that are 100 percent polyester will fare best in a hot tub.
- Watch for suits that say “chlorine resistant” on the label. These suits tend to last a bit longer as the less Chlorine, the better!
- Never wash a bathing suit in the washing machine. The agitation will break down the Lycra and the bra cups; hand washing or dry cleaning is your best option!
- Never put a bathing suit in the dryer. The heat will cause the elastic to break down faster. Always dry it away from the sun, FLAT on a drying rack.
We know these tips will help keep you and your swimwear cool this summer!