Wedding Gown Preservation
- Vintage Bridal Studio (opens new window / tab)
- Photo Gallery (opens new window / tab)
- Essential Checklist
Preserve your gown for the future - your own daughter, perhaps? — using the highest quality cleaning and preservation experts in the Midwest Region. Treasured Garment Preservation is a nationally recognized member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists.
Members of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists are trained to use the safest, most effective methods ever developed for preservation and restoration of all heirloom fabrics such as family gowns, linens, quilts and doll clothes. A blind test of four nationally-known gown preservation services conducted by National Bridal Service proved our MuseumCare preservation was the cleanest provided the safest packaging environment, and offered the most comprehensive guarantee. You can trust us to give your special gown the individual care and attention it deserves.
You may drop off your wedding dress at any of our St Croix or White Way Cleaners locations. We have Wedding Gown Specialists at the following locations: Stillwater, Hudson, Arden Hills, Grand Ave, Village of Blaine and IDSCenter. Please call the appropriate store for an appointment to meet with one of our Specialists to get a quote for cleaning and/or preserving your individual wedding dress.
Here are 6 things you should know before cleaning and preserving your gown:
- Free Evaluation and Personal Inspections
- Individual Cleaning
- Anti-Sugar Stain Treatment
- Environmentally Pure, Lasting Protection
- International Guarantee
- Clean and preserve your gown right after your wedding
We will gladly give you a free consultation and estimate for the care of any fabric, new or old. Beware of cleaners who will quote one price for all wedding gowns! Once your gown has been professionally cleaned, we encourage you to come in and inspect your gown before our MuseumCare preservation is completed.
We hand-treat and clean each gown individually - never in combination with other dresses. We take every precaution to protect delicate beads, embroidery, and lace during the cleaning process.
Spills containing sugar, salt and acid often dry clear and cannot be seen. These latent stains do not dissolve during ordinary dry cleaning and turn an ugly brown over time. Our unique anti-sugar stain treatment, featured in Modern Bride and Brides, ensures that all sugar, salt, and acid - seen or unseen - is removed.<
We use acid-free tissue to protect your gown and enclose it in a completely acid-free, archival quality wedding chest. As added protection, our boxes are enclosed in a 100% cotton muslin cover. We have several sizes so we can fit your unique gown into the appropriate size! Acid-free windows for viewing your treasured memories are available.
Members of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists are represented in more than 500 cities around the world. Return your gown to any participating Wedding Gown Specialist who will inspect and press the gown at no charge.
It is best to clean and preserve your gown right after the wedding. Over time, stains become more difficult to remove, so the sooner your gown is cleaned and preserved, the better results you will have. Unprotected it will fade and yellow, or even deteriorate and become brittle in spots. Consider asking a trusted friend or relative to bring your gown in after the wedding.
- How much does it cost to Preserve My Gown?
- It depends! Each gown is unique--has different fabrics, embellishments and has different types and levels of stain or soil. Our Certified Wedding Gown Specialists will inspect your gown and offer a free, no obligation estimate for cleaning, restoring &/or preserving your gown.
- Do you clean or press gowns before the wedding?
- Absolutely! Anything with cleaning, restoring, pressing or preserving your wedding gown is our specialty. We want you to look fabulous for your special day.
- How long does it take to preserve a gown?
- We usually request 2 - 4 weeks, but if you have a special request, just ask. Most likely, we can accommodate your needs.
- Do you have examples of some of your work?
- Yes! You can see a photo gallery of some the gowns we have cleaned and preserved here.